Importer of Record services
Acting as an Importer of Record, Mouse & Bear Solutions enables your business to import on a global scale, meeting all global trade and import compliance requirements.
With the knowledge and expertise gained through many years’ experience, the Mouse & Bear team can navigate your IT Technology hardware through the preparations of the import and export documents and customs procedures, including temporary imports and exports.
What is an Importer of Record?
“Importer of Record” is a term used in customs law. When a supply chain involves the import of goods across international borders, the Importer of Record is the person or entity that has responsibility for:
- ensuring import compliance with the import regulations in that country
- payment of the relevant taxes, duties and other fees for the imported goods
- filing the correct documentation, permits and licencing
The importer of Record is usually the owner or purchaser of the imported goods, but can also be a properly authorised agent or legal entity in the destination country if the end-user doesn't want to be involved in getting it there.
What our IoR services include
- Documentation compliance checks, import permits and licensing
- Clear shipments through the relevant customs channels
- All customs clearance charges and levies pre-paid on your behalf
- Perform the last-mile delivery to the end user
- Shipment status reports
- Storage solutions
- Temporary imports / temporary exports - navigating your IT hardware through customs procedures for temporary imports and exports, e.g. for repair.
Explanation of our fees:
IoR Fee - The cost to act as the Importer of Record
Import Approvals – This includes the cost of Import License Approvals, Permits, Endorsements, Labelling, and Electronic Data Intercharge.
Customs Clearance – This represents the charges for airport handling, customs brokerage, customs processing and inspections, agent handling, warehousing and the customs clearance process.
In Country Delivery – Cost of transport in destination country from port of entry to the End User. This is also known as the last mile delivery
Freight – Freight to move from Shippers source location to the destination Airport
Taxes & Duties – Destination Country Customs and Government Import charges.